The purpose of Boot Barn Routing Guide is to ensure product is expedited through our supply chain network. Boot Barn very much appreciates the partnership we have with our vendors and hope this updated document is a tool that helps us work together. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Director of Logistics and Distribution
General Shipping Guidelines
For all small parcel shipments (less than 15 boxes to one location), use UPS Ground and mark the documentation 3rd party to the Boot Barn main account number. You can get this account number by contacting our Logistics team at email@example.com. The Boot Barn PO number must be entered in the UPS shipment reference field (one of the first two reference fields).
If several purchase orders are being shipped at once, each box must be labeled with the correct purchase order number, as well as the amount of boxes per PO.
Should P.O #12345 have 7 total boxes going to the same location under (1) P.O., then each box should have the P.O. number in one of the reference fields and the amount of boxes should be grouped together on the UPS label as 1/7, 2/7, 3/7, etc.. The packing list should always be on the outside of box 1 and clearly visible for the receiver to see.
If shipping one box per store, or to the Fontana distribution center, the same instructions apply (e.g., 1 of 1).
- 1-149lbs. (combined weight) – Ship via UPS Ground service and master pack so that there are no more than 15 cartons per location. If you are unable to consolidate to 15 cartons or less, please use the Blue Grace Shipping Portal, or contact Blue Grace Logistics at firstname.lastname@example.org (804) 728-2092.
- 1-350lbs. (single shipments) – When shipping any one carton that weighs more than 100 lbs, please use the Blue Grace Shipping Portal as well, or contact Blue Grace at email@example.com (804) 728-2092.
- More than 150lbs (combined weight) – When shipping multiple boxes that have a combined weight of over 150lbs, please use the Blue Grace Shipping Portal, or contact Blue Grace Logistics at firstname.lastname@example.org (804) 728-2092.
*When instructed to ship pallets on an LTL/TL carrier, please be sure all freight is correctly stacked on the pallet(s) and is properly wrapped with shrink wrap. Blue Grace will need pallet weight, dimensions and commodity. The packing slip should be on the outside of one of the pallets, clearly visible to the receiver. If you are sending multiple pallets to any one location, all pallets need to be clearly marked with the amount of pallets being delivered.
If you are sending 8 pallets of freight to the Fontana Distribution Center, each pallet must be clearly marked 1 of 8, 2 of 8, 3 of 8, etc… and the packing slip should be on the outside of one of the pallets
clearly visible to the receiver.
NOTE: Should the above mentioned instructions not be followed, Boot Barn will access a $300 violation fee per incorrect shipment to the shipper.
Expedited Freight/Added Shipping Services
All expedited freight or special added shipping services for UPS small package shipments must be approved by Boot Barn’s logistics group. These would include, but not limited to declared value, next day air, second day, 3 days select, signature required upon delivery, etc. Please email email@example.com for approval. You will receive a response within 48 hours.
Boot Barn Fontana Distribution Center (DC) Delivery Appointments
Boot Barn Distribution Center Receiving Hours are M-F, 7AM – 3PM.
All incoming deliveries to our Fontana Distribution Center must have a confirmed delivery appointment.
See Form – DC APPT REQ FORM
Appointment requests with DCAPPTS@BootBarn.com must be set and confirmed 24 hours in-advance of anticipated delivery date and time.
- Shipments without DC’s prior approval may be refused and a non-compliance chargeback may be applied.
- Shipments without correct, clear markings and reference to PO department may be refused and a non-compliance chargeback may apply.
- Shipments sent to our DC without an appointment or any advance notice is at the liability of the shipper.
- Drop-ship Vendors utilizing BlueGrace Logistics Shipping Portal must indicate that a delivery appointment is needed in “Notes” or “Accessorials” or vendor is required to provide pre-filled appointment request form with relevant PO date information.
- Please contact BlueGrace Logistics for questions regarding scheduling a pick-up or tracking a shipment; firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-804-728-2092.
- Please ask for Becky or April for assistance.
- Vendors shipping on UPS must send Tracking detail information to DCAPPTS@BootBarn.com along with filled appointment request form attached.
- This acts as an Advance Shipment notification and allows us to ensure and confirm delivery.
- International vendors booking with APL Logistics, do not need to provide DC delivery appointments.
APLL will handle.
NOTE: If any of the above instructions are not followed, Boot Barn will access a minimum $300 violation fee as well as the appropriate chargeback for all and any unapproved expedited/special service charges incurred.